Skip to content
Economy and Tax
- Use the powers of the Scottish Parliament to make different choices and stop the cuts.
- Create fairness by ensuring spending on public services will rise in real terms.
- Set the basic and higher rates of income tax just 1p higher than that of George Osborne to stop the cuts and make public services better.
- Set a higher 50p rate for the top 1%, who earn over £150,000 a year, and investing that in schools.
- Scrap the unfair council tax and leave 80% of households better off
- Scrap the bedroom tax.
- Double the maternity grant for new mums to lift children out of poverty.
- Protect education spending in real terms
- Create a Fair Start Fund to give nursery and primary head teachers more money to help ensure all children get a good education.
- Begin the roll-out of breakfast clubs to every school.
- Bridge the gap between the richest and the rest in our classrooms.
- Keep university tuition fees free and reverse cuts to student grants.
- Increase NHS spending in real terms and oppose privatisation.
- Guarantee an appointment at a GP surgery within 48 hours.
- Cut cancer waiting times.
- Guarantee a social care package within a week.
- Help first-time buyers save for a deposit.
- Tackle rogue landlords and ban rip-off rent rises.
- Build 60,000 affordable homes.
- Reform the planning regime.
- Support a debt amnesty for local councils.
Environment, Energy & Transport
- Ban fracking in Scotland.
- Make it cheaper and easier to travel with a single smartcard ticket.
- Tackle fuel poverty through a Warm Homes Act.
- Deliver a publicly owned ‘People’s Scotrail’.
- Immediately halt the CalMac privatisation process
Law and Social Justice
- Restore local accountability to Police Scotland.
- Prioritise the prosecution of domestic abuse.
- Scrap the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.
- Reform and improve the support given to victims of crime.
- Adopt a zero-tolerance approach to hate crimes.
- Tackle sexual exploitation.
- Stop the spread of Fixed Odds Betting Terminals
- Devolve power to local communities.
- Rule out a second independence referendum.
- Back the UK remaining in the European Union.
- Deliver equal gender representation on the boards of public bodies.
- Reform the way the Scottish Parliament works to ensure better accountability of ministers.
- Freeze the pay of government ministers and ban second jobs for MSPs.
- Promote workplace democracy.